Roots of Hatha & Beyond: 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Arun Rana
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
This programme aims to significantly deepen your personal yoga practice, skill sets and knowledge, and to aid you in discovering your hidden competencies and potential.
This training provides a supportive environment for aspiring trainee teachers to learn and grow, to develop the inner teacher within you as you experience yoga as a tool of personal transformation.
Through this training, you will gain deeper insight into Yoga Philosophies, Yoga Anatomy, and the Physiology of Yoga with scientifically proven Yoga Therapy concepts that can treat and prevent various ailments. You will also acquire a wide variety of Asana Technique Training as well as proven effective Teaching Methodologies. This will be a deep and evolutionary self-exploration to help you unlock a more profound understanding and appreciation of yoga, and what it takes to be a yoga teacher.
Senior Yoga Teacher Arun has been conducting this programme for many years now and has successfully led and mentored many students who have gone on to become notable yoga teachers in their own right.
We warmly invite and welcome you to embark on this highly meaningful and fruitful journey with us to experience and witness your own growth and transformation!
Yoga Alliance Accredited School
PURE Yoga is a registered school with Yoga Alliance. Our teacher training programmes and teachers are internationally accredited, have exclusive recognition and qualify for the 200-hr Yoga Alliance Certification.
Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training programmes in the U.S and globally. Graduates of our programme are automatically eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance. Becoming a RYT means having a higher profile and gaining international recognition as a yoga teacher, attributes that many hiring studios look for.
We offer this training in an effort to grow our community of committed yoga practitioners, empowering those who demonstrate dedication to a personal practice, by sharing the knowledge, skills and tools we have learned so that they too can start teaching yoga.
We intend to guide trainees toward a healthy self-confidence, while at the same time invoking in them a sense of humility and excitement, knowing that they are at the beginning of a long journey.
Yoga Sutras of Patañjali
• Definition of yoga, Five Vrittis and mental modification, Kriya Yoga
• Ashtanga Yoga (8 Limbs of Yoga)
• Bhagavad Gita
• Vedas and Upanishads
In-Depth Practice, Technique Analysis, Alignment Concepts of Hatha Yoga
• Names, Sanskrit interpretation and benefits of asanas
• Therapeutic role of asanas in healing injuries
• Basic theory and rules of alignment in asanas
• Categories of asanas and guidelines for general practice
• Modifications and transitions in asanas practice
• Deepening asana practice (progression from beginner to intermediate)
• Balancing approach – sequencing vs. static
• Application of yoga props and its benefits
• Detailed study of classical asanas and their modifications leading to advancements
Pranayama Sadhana and Meditation
• Concepts of Prana and general guidelines for Pranayama practice
• Pranayama as a therapy
• Deepening Pranayama practice with 3 Maha Bandhas (energy locks)
• Use of Mudras (gestures) with their significant benefits on health
• Shat Karmas (cleansing process in Hatha Yoga Tradition) – Kapalabhati, Jala Neti, Kunjal, Trataka and Shankha Prakshalana
Yoga Philosophy & Ethics
• Essence of yoga philosophies (Gyana, Bhakti and Karma Yoga)
• Concept of Yin and Yang from the perspective of Hatha Yoga
• Traditions and types of meditation (Nada and mantra meditation)
• Yoga Nidra (psychic sleep)
• Essence and importance of Ayurveda in Yogic culture
• Essential yoga ethics and review
Anatomy & Physiology
• General anatomy and physiology (Human body)
• Muscular / skeletal system and its relevance to yoga practice
• Special concerns in practice (menstruation, pregnancy and ailments)
• Different systems of the body and their relationship with traditional asanas
• Important functions of muscles, movements and names of muscles, bones and connective tissues in relation to practice
• Concept of anti-ageing through yoga and Ayurveda
• Chakras, Nadis and Koshas
Teaching Methodologies & Practicum
• Hatha Yoga – concepts and principles
• Lesson planning and sequencing
• Tailoring lessons to different groups' needs
• Effective teaching styles and methodologies
• Taking the seat of the teacher
• Art and principles of adjustments for different categories of asanas
• Ethical values for yoga teachers
• Art of teaching private and group sessions
• Teaching practice (a pose, small group, class-based)
• Other practices and 'All is Coming'
• How Yoga Works by Michael Roach
• Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali
• Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha – Bihar School of Yoga
• Light on Yoga by B. K. S. Iyengar
17 February-31 March 2024*
PURE Yoga Ngee Ann City
February dates: 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29
March dates: 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28
February dates: 17, 18, 24, 25
March dates: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 29, 30, 31
Morning Intensives (A total of 10 Days)
February dates: 17, 18, 24
March dates: 2, 3, 9, 16, 17, 23, 31
*Training dates include weekdays and weekends
**In the event you need to miss certain sessions, make-up sessions may be arranged on a case-by-case basis
About Arun Rana
Arun is a senior consultant and teacher of yoga and naturopathy. He was born in New Delhi and studied traditional yoga at renowned Indian ashrams in Rishikesh, Kerela, Bangalore and Haridwara. He is also very fortunate to have had the opportunity to study meditation with Himalayan Yoga masters.
A teacher since 2004, Arun has led multiple workshops and retreats in various countries as well as regular classes. As a senior teacher, Arun is also dedicated and committed to grooming and nurturing the next batch of teachers capable of imparting the benefits and joy of yoga.
Arun enjoys the healing elements of yoga, like those found in de-stress and de-addiction classes. He believes it is his mission to spread the message of holistic well-being to the world. Specialising in yoga therapy, he has taught many classes dealing with depression and obesity, along with chronic spinal ailments. His classes are known for their powerful and creative sequences.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
• One-year Yoga Therapy Instructor Course, Vivekananda Yoga School, 2005
• Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre (200 hours), 2004
• Yoga and Naturopathy, Chandra College for Yoga and Naturopathy (200 hours) • Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, Vivekananda Yoga School (200 hours), 2004
First 10 Sign-Ups Special S$3,745
Early-Bird Offer S$4,280
Regular Price S$5,350
Morning Intensives Practice Only
Full-Morning Intensives S$680
7-Day Morning Intensives S$520
1-Day Morning Intensive S$78
Early-Bird Discount ends 16 December 2023.
*Prices include examinations, certification, manuals, guest lectures, and all other training materials.
Express yourself with